As much as we want to have a healthy, strong, and shiny hair, it is not always the case. The challenge is even intense when you have to deal with frizzy hair. This is one type of hair that is really hard to tame because of its stubborn nature. A common perception is that only women with curly struggle with frizzy hair, but this is far from the truth. Continue reading to find more about frizzy hair causes and treatments.
What are the causes?
The causes are many, ranging from blow drying regularly, using harsh chemicals, abusing styling products, bleaching, perming, genes, regular straightening, harsh weather conditions such as during winter, hot oil treatments, the presence of dry hair, lack of moisture in your hair, and product build ups.
Do you usually touch your hair more often than is necessary or are you combing and brushing too regularly? Then you might have brought the problem on yourself.
Treating frizzy hair at home
Try the following home remedies:
- Wash your hair using vinegar at least once a week.
- Make sure to rinse your hair using apple cider vinegar diluted in water, post conditioning.
- Egg and mayonnaise mask used once or twice a week should help treat your frizzy hair. Beat an egg and mix with one tablespoon of mayonnaise to attain a creamy mixture, apply it on your head allowing it to sit there for around 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
- You can also make a hair mask using an egg and olive oil and then apply it on your head. An important thing to remember is to avoid cleaning your hair with hot water to prevent the egg from cooking in your head. Instead, use cool water and also stay clear of hot dryer, it has the same effects as hot water.
- Get an olive oil massage to treat your hair, since frizzy hair is as a result of reduced moisture, olive oil will provide your hair with the moisture it requires. Additionally, this essential oil contains fatty omega acids that help in nourishing your hair.
- Jojoba oil, which is utilized in almost all the skin and hair products is great for treating frizzy hair. A massage of jojoba oil will go a long way in strengthening and moisturizing your hair starting from the roots to the ends.
- Coconut oil is another tried, tested, and proven amazing treatment for frizzy hair. A massage using this oil will help nourish, strengthen, and moisturize your hair because it has the ability to penetrate into the deepest layers of your hair shaft.
- Did you think that avocado oil can actually help you solve your frizzy hair issues? Well, it absolutely does help in taming frizzy hair. This great source of vitamin E can be used as a deep conditioner as well after you have washed your hair. It also serves as an effective mask.
- Pre-shampoo massages using all these oils go a long way in handling your frizzy hair problems. Remember to wrap your hair in a towel, after doing these massages.