Once your hair turns gray, there is little that you can do to restore it to its original color. Some people are often tempted to dye their gray hair. This is only a short term solution that will not do justice to your hair. Luckily, most people choose to embrace and live with their gray hair. This is quite awesome and recommendable. Accepting things the way they are, however, is only part of the job. This hair also requires pampering.
1. Start by trimming strategically. It is advisable to let hair grow to a certain length before trimming. This action will hasten the graying process. It allows you to slowly ease into gray without any obvious lines of color demarcation. Simply put, strategic trimming will make your hair grow uniformly.
2. Once you’ve achieved a uniformly gray head of hair, invest in a haircut. Hire a stylist who has all it takes to give you a haircut that flatters your face. Remember that an excellent haircut can make the difference between looking sharp and looking frumpy. Choose to feel and look sharp.
3. Also invest in a good hair conditioner. Some people fear that once their hair turns gray, it is likely to feel coarser in texture. This is not necessarily the case, but you should not take chances. A high quality conditioner will keep your hair soft and easy to manage all through.
4. To fight dryness, you may need to cut back on shampooing. Excessive shampooing strips hair and scalp of natural oils. These oils are essential in making your hair look shiny and feel fuller. Invest in the right shampoo.
There are shampoos that are designed for gray hair. The right brand will keep your hair looking silvery. It will also protect the hair from brassiness caused by the sun’s rays. Additionally, invest in a hair sunscreen that will protect your silvery hair from tarnishing.
5. Accept your gray hair. Although most people do not have a problem accepting their new condition, those who find it hard accept may need to persuade themselves into accepting it. The right attitude always works for you and not against you. It may be all that you need in order to successfully sell your gray looks. Embrace the new hair color and see it as an opportunity to adapt a new hairstyle that you could not have created before.