Lets face it, hair loss is no longer a problem that comes with age, anybody can suffer from a hair problem. Nowadays, most of the people usually notice the clogged drain when jumping out of shower on a daily basis. Unlike in the past where hair shedding was associated with advanced age, it is no longer the case. Nowadays, there are several causes of this condition that thankfully can be controlled to mitigate further or future hair loss.
Even as you continue to hunt for solutions with great intensity, I luckily have done the home work for you. Here, you can learn a few techniques that are easy to implement at home to help you reduce and control hair loss. However, I must warn you, if you are suffering from intensive hairloss, your most immediate action should be to consult the advice of a dermatologist – or even better the advice of a trichologist – to prevent the damage from becoming permanent. Yes, you heard right, it could get this serious!
If you have quite a large chunk of hair falling out recently and you really do not know what to do about it, read the following tips.
How to control hair loss in 10 easy steps
- Ensure to be very gentle with wet hair. By all means, resist rubbing your dry hair and combing through wet hair. Your hair is more susceptible to breakage when it is wet.
- Your scalp region should be massaged more often to stimulate blood flow to your head that in turn promotes hair growth as well as better health.
- Avoid styles that require you to tie your hair too tight. Although this may look sleek and fashionable, it adds a great deal of pressure on your hair which, does nothing, but add to the breakage and hairloss.
- Avoid washing hair with hot water, use warm or cold water. If you realize that your hair looks dry and frizzy after taking your shower, then know that the water is too hot.
- It is okay to style your hair because it enhances your appearance, but desist from exposing it to too much heat. Too much heat exposes and dries out your hair shaft making it frizzy and dry that causes the hair to become brittle overtime.
- If you have not been working out, it is time you started because exercise enhances blood flow throughout the body including your scalp.
- Make sure to drink a lot of water for you to remain hydrated.
- Observe your diet and ensure that it contains all the necessary nutrients.
- Maintain a clean scalp and if possible stop using chemicals.
- Trim your hair once every six months to get rid of split ends.